The Law.


hope.
Originally uploaded by rachel.flubbz

I lost a friend on 22nd October 2009.
Even though he was only 26 when he left this world, he led a meaningful life filled with humor, wit and loads of love. He loved his family, friends, brought laughter and always welcomed new friends into his life.
I cherish the days of random chats that we had and regretted not making more of them. I always thought that we would bump into each other someday, somehow, somewhere.
I cannot even remember when was the last time I talked to you.
Maybe it was that brief moment a few months back when I bumped into you, shocked at the sight of your shaved head. Honestly, you look like a monk on a mission. Haha.

The images of you laughing, playing the guitar, that goofy mischievous smile and that cute ABC accent keep replaying in my head. I find myself constantly clicking the video links on Facebook where you showed your 'talents'. Haha. It never failed to make me laugh.

I'm glad and honored to have known you even if it's only for a brief period of time. Your parents were so strong and I reckon that's where you got your strengths from. You fought your inner demons so bravely alone and yet still able to shower the people around you with heaps of love and laughter. I admire you my friend. You're definitely a big loss to us. Although your departure was a choice, I envy you for having a reason to leave. It made me think twice about a lot of things. In tears, your mom reminded us that we shouldn't take anyone or anything for granted. I took our friendship for granted but you never forgotten me or any of your friends. Even those who are not close to you. Thank you for showing me that love is all that we need. A friendly smile, a cheerful hi, a small wave, a short conversation. Thank you Lawrance.

I saw a ring of rainbow around the sun yesterday. And I remembered your mom asking us to make a wish.

I wish you well on your way and may there be light along your path.
May angels lead you in.

So this is it for now my friend. See you again on the other side.

p.s: the sky was pink yesterday. Are you playing pranks on the angels already?! Haha. But it was so beautiful. I'll miss you dude.

No comments: